Guidelines About Important Practices Of Nursing
Nurse practitioners (NPs), like physicians, have the ability to assess and diagnose patients and prescribe treatments and medications. How do you become a nurse practitioner? NPs are registered nurses that have obtained an advanced degree in nursing, such as a Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP).
These individuals are becoming an increasingly valuable part of the health care team. The United States is in the midst of a physician shortage, especially in primary care. More nurse practitioners, especially family nurse practitioners, are filling the gaps as they provide care to an increasing number of patients. An essay writer is a person whose job is to create articles about any topic so they can easily cover nursing related topics in essay as well.
With the number of active nurse practitioners on the rise, here are a few things that you should know:
- A March 2018 press release by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) reported that the number of NPs licensed to practice in the United States is at an all-time high – 248,000 NPs are currently licensed to practice.
- Survey research conducted by the American Medical Group Association (AMGA) indicates that increasing numbers of primary care practices are expanding their use of advanced practice clinicians (APCs). APCs include nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Health care is shifting toward a more team-centric and coordinated approach to providing care, and the increasing integration of nurse practitioners is central to this change. The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that by 2026, nurse practitioners can expect a 36% increase in job growth. Always choose the best write my essay service that guarantees timely delivery of essays on nursing topic.
- Nurse practitioner degree programs provide advanced nursing education that nurse practitioners require in order to practice in their full capacity. The laws of each state determine the scope of nurse practitioners. Some states require NPs to have physician supervision, while an increasing number of states now allow them to practice independently.
- Currently, 22 states and Washington D.C. grant nurse practitioners full practice authority, meaning they may practice independently of a physician. Other states require a collaborative agreement with a supervising physician, or have restrictions on their practice. The National Academy of Medicine and the National Council of State Boards of Nursing both recommend that states provide NPs full practice authority. An online essay writing service offers an original nursing sducation by the help of our professional essay writers.
- A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) reported that after six months, no significant differences were noted in the health status of patients who had been seen by nurse practitioners compared to those seen by primary care physicians.
- The National Rural Health Association reports that approximately 20% of Americans live in rural areas, and there are on average 13.1 physicians per 10,000 people, compared to 31.2 per 10,000 people in urban areas. Increasing numbers of nurse practitioners are working in underserved areas such as these. From 2008 to 2016, the percentage of NPs serving rural populations increased from 17.6% to 25.2%.
- Nurse practitioners are able to perform many of the same duties and tasks as physicians. As the shift toward multidisciplinary care teams increases, nurse practitioners become more valuable. Nurse practitioners essentially serve as the physician in their independent practices, which enables physicians to focus on the higher-acuity cases.
- Whereas NPs work in hospitals and many nontraditional settings such as in corporate health and plastic surgery offices, FNPs typically work in primary care clinics or their own private practices, treating patients throughout the life cycle, diagnosing illness, conducting exams, and prescribing medication in clinics. Nursing topics should be need to be drafted in the form of persuasive speech topics that should be acute and of real interest for the wide audience.
- Many home health companies employ nurse practitioners, whereas family nurse practitioners often work in physicians’ offices or hospice facilities as well as their own private practices. As the integration of nurse practitioners increases, the number and variety of job opportunities will continue to grow for both NPs and FNPs.