Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions about these guidelines or the tools themselves, contact the ONS Learning & Development team at email@example.com.
Questions about ONS should be directed to ONS Customer Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To build a civil/vibrant/professional dialogue, ONS reserves the right to moderate users, delete posts or terminate accounts for members who violate these rules.
- Don’t attack others. The discussions on the community platforms are meant to stimulate conversation and not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post non-ONS commercial messages. Contact people directly with project and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Don't share information about certificate programs, certification tests, or assessment content. When taking a certification test or assessment, you agree to not disclose information about the test, assessment items, or answers in any format. That also includes online discussion. Violating the non-disclosure agreement may jeopardize your certification or your opportunity to become certified in the future.
- Messages should not contain non-ONS promotional material, special offers, conferences, job postings, product announcements, or solicitation for services. ONS reserves the right to remove such message and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Use caution when discussing projects. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and may be removed.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate platforms.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the Community.
- Remember that ONS and other participants have the right to reproduce postings.
Some tips to help you maintain good etiquette when reproducing content:
- Be courteous. Please ask participants for permission to republish their words elsewhere (especially if elsewhere would be a publicly viewable setting).
- When citing Community discussions, please include a link back to the original discussion or to the Community homepage.
Transparency is very important in gaining trust in online relationships, therefore, unless you are posting a case study for a patient, be clear who you are and who you work for when posting on any platform. Please take the time to review the HIPPA Privacy Rules to ensure patient medical information is kept private.
ONS reserves the right to remove a community that is inactive for six months since last meaningful activity. It can suggest the members join another, more active community, if they choose.
Violation Policy for ONS Community Member
To keep an environment that encourages both civil and energized discussions, ONS reserved the right to suspend, remove content, or terminate participation for members who violate the previously stated rules.
If the violation is identified the user will receive a message from ONS with guidance/examples of proper posting. The user will be monitored for 30 days. After a 3rd violation, the user will lose their community access. Requests for returned access can be sent to email@example.com for consideration.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Oncology Nursing Society. Oncology Nursing Society is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Oncology Nursing Society or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Oncology Nursing Society be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Oncology Nursing Society and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Oncology Nursing Society does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Oncology Nursing Society we will take all appropriate action.
Oncology Nursing Society reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.