ONF Trustee Role Responsibilities
The mission of the Oncology Nursing Foundation (ONF) is to support cancer nursing excellence. In alignment with this, Trustees serve as a critical voice to the organization and represent various perspectives and view the work through a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens. Key responsibilities of ONF Trustees include the following:
- Ensure alignment of mission, goal/s, and execution of strategies to support the strategic plan by actively participating in all virtual and in-person meetings.
- As a donor board, each trustee is asked to raise and/or give at a minimum of $2,500.00 each year. If giving, this can be done as a lump sum or through installments to the Foundation.
- Encourage a philanthropic giving in personal and professional networks
- Contribute to constructive conversation to further advance the mission of ONF as well as the perspective taking of the board.
- Oversee the awarding of scholarships, research grants and professional opportunities to nurses and in support of the mission.
- Ensure that the financial controls and finances are in alignment with the goals of the organization.
New Foundation board of Trustee Member will be notified by March 5, 2024
ITEMS TO MAKE NOTE OF
- Trustees can sign up for two- or three-year terms, (this can be decided to be discussed after joining the Board of Trustees)
- There are 3 in person board meetings a year, and no less than 3 virtual board meetings a year
- It is preferred that Trustees be present at ONS Annual Congress® - *Registration, housing, and travel expenses are covered by the Foundation.
If interested in becoming an Oncology Nursing Foundation Board of Trustee, please click the "Apply Now" button at the top of this page. Applications are due February 13, 2024.