This opportunity will require the attendance at eight hours of facilitator training and the presentation of the one-hour Multiple Myeloma Chapter Training Program at a local Chapter meeting.
Selected nurses will be trained by Beth Faiman, PhD, CNP (who will also lead a Q&A session for participants). Training will improve nurses’ abilities to:
- Understand and communicate about the pathophysiology of multiple myeloma (MM) and its treatments/treatment combinations
- Educate patients and their families
- Interpret diagnostic workup assessments
Training and exclusive supplemental materials (including an information packet and unit resources) will be provided, and a stipend will be paid to the Chapter after the training has occurred.
Due to the nature of funding, NCPD contact hours will not be awarded for the activities associated with this program.
- Chapter leader (current or past – ideally on the board or a committee chair)
- Some experience caring for patients being treated for MM
- Commit to attending all training sessions
- Willing and available to participate in a rehearsal presentation
- Several alternate facilitators will be selected to present if another facilitator is unable to do so
This project is sponsored by Janssen Oncology.