ONS Bridge is ONS’s virtual conference offering held in September.
The ONS Bridge content planning team is responsible for identifying and working with conference speakers on assigned session themes from the conference agenda. Volunteers in this role are expected to plan, implement, and evaluate educational offerings that address current practice issues identified by ONS and the needs of the target audience. Applications are reviewed by the ONS Bridge team leader, and telephone interviews are conducted for selection. ONS Bridge content planning team members must be an ONS member in good standing and having previous conference planning is preferred.
Selected team members will be notified in January 2022.
The 2022 ONS Bridge themes are:
- Updates in Therapy [Emerging Therapeutics, Surgical oncology, Radiation therapy]
- Care Coordination [Telemedicine, Acute/Ambulatory, Survivorship, Navigation]
Conference Dates: September 13 and 15, 2022
Participants spend up to one year on the team.
Time Commitment includes:
- Initial ONS Bridge planning call in January 2022, two 4-hour calls, dates finalized upon team selection
- One 4-hour OR Two 2-hour conference planning call(s) for session slide reviews in June 2022
- Monthly conference calls, 90-minute duration
- Session development, 10–20 hours working with speakers prior to the conference
- Participate in recording of sessions and monitoring live Q&A during the virtual conference
- Participate and help manage ONS Bridge throughout all virtual conference dates