We are seeking volunteers to join the Oncology Nursing Foundation's 2021 Research Grant review team. We have multiple volunteer opportunities to chose from and this is a great way to bolster your resume/CSV. To learn more about each grant, please follow the links below. We have multiple reviewer team chair and review team opportunities available.
Oncology Nurse Scientist Research Grant-General Topic -reviewer must have completed at least one R01, 03, or 21 level grant serving as PI
Addressing Cancer Health Disparities Through Evidence-Based Cancer Nursing Research (RE42) -reviewer must have completed at least one R01, 03, or 21 level grant serving as PI in the topic area.
Addressing the Adverse Effects of Immunotherapy and Emerging Therapies on Cancer Patients (RE43) -reviewer must have completed at least one R01, 03, or 21 level grant serving as PI in the topic area.
- conducting a thorough review of assigned proposals
- developing detailed bulleted comments that clearly and fully describe the strengths and weaknesses of the proposal.
- reviewing abstract and critiques of other proposals prior to the review conference call
- presenting strengths and weaknesses of the assigned proposals during the review conference calls and commenting on how the proposed work addresses the evaluation criteria, participating constructively in the review discussion for all proposals.
- assigning an overall impact score for each application.
Important Review Dates for 2021:
General Topic Research Grants RE03
- April 16th-30th- LOI review
- June 9th- July 7th- Full Application review
- July 8th- Critiques due
- week of July 12th- Reviewer Conference Call
- July 16th- Final Revised Critiques Due
Focused Topic Research Grants RE42 & RE43
- May 18th- June 1st- LOI review
- July 16th- August 15th- Full Application review
- August 16th- Critiques due
- August 19th or 20th- Reviewer Conference Call
- August 23rd- Final Revised Critiques Due
If interested or for any questions: Please contact Aly Kocon at email@example.com