The ONS Congress content planning team is responsible for selecting topics and identifying and working with conference speakers on assigned sessions for the conference agenda. Volunteers in this role are expected to plan, implement, and evaluate educational offerings that address current practice issues identified by ONS and the needs of the target audience. Applications are reviewed by the Congress team leader, and telephone interviews are conducted for final selection. Congress content planning team members must maintain their ONS membership throughout their time as a member of the team.
Selected team members will be notified by March 29, 2024.
Please view this short video to learn more about planning team responsibilities.
Participants spend one year on the team, with the opportunity to reapply for a second year. There is also the potential to serve as team leader in your second or third year. All meetings are virtual. The time commitment includes:
· June 8 & 9, 2024: Two 4-hour meetings
· Monthly planning team meetings, 90 minutes in duration, beginning in July 2024. Days and times to be determined at initial June meetings
o Please note that this meeting may be during, before, or after working hours
· January 2025 (two weekend days TBD): Slide Review meetings (Two 4-hour meetings)
· Session development, 25-35 hours, working with speakers prior to the conference
· Oral abstract slide reviews for assigned sessions: March (about 3-5 hours)
· ONS Congress 2025: April 9-13, 2025, Denver, CO.
Participants spend 6 days at Congress, arriving the Tuesday before and departing after the final session on Sunday. Registration, housing, and travel expenses are covered by ONS.